For the past decade, critical communications have been defined by digital land mobile radio (LMR) technologies TETRA, P25, and DMR; indeed mission critical voice and data services have been framed in terms of what LMR could deliver.
Now we are told that LTE – and eventually 5G – will better meet the critical communications requirements of public safety, utilities, transport, mining and others; that while these technologies won’t replace LMR overnight, replacement is inevitable and we must start planning now.
In this paper, we will investigate:
- Where are Critical Communications heading?
- What is changing the Critical Communications Market?
- Best of both worlds: 4G LTE and LMR
- Mission-critical LTE?
- Unifying your Critical Communications
- Developing UCC solutions for the real world